Planning Your Wedding at The Merrill Hotel
We've compiled a list of wedding to-do's to help you plan your wedding with The Merrill Hotel in Muscatine, Iowa. Book your wedding venue with sweeping Mississippi River views and we'll help you check off more from your wedding planning list!Request Information
10-12 Months In Advance
- Check out planning guides from our partners at HereComesTheGuide.com, WeddingWire.com and TheKnot.com to start planning your wedding!
- Establish your top priorities and set your budget.
- Compile a preliminary guest list and count.
- Select your wedding party.
- Reserve your date to secure The Merrill Hotel for your wedding shower or bachelorette party, rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception.
- Send your guests "Save The Date" announcements.
- Select your colors and choose a dress.
- Secure your vendor team and get all the details for your big day in writing. Catering is available through The Merrill Hotel, but you'll want to secure a photographer or videographer and officiant at this time.
- Start day dreaming about your honeymoon to ease any early wedding planning stress!
6-9 Months In Advance
- Continue to research, interview, and book vendors such as: floral designer, cake designer and entertainment.
- Create your gift registry at your favorite stores.
- Arrange and book transportation for your wedding day.
- Go over bridal shower and bachelorette details with your wedding planner at The Merrill Hotel.
3-5 Months In Advance
- Lock in the details for your rehearsal dinner with your wedding planner at The Merrill Hotel.
- Finalize the guest list including everyone's mailing address.
- Select your ceremony readings and vows.
- Finalize your catering menu and reception timeline with your wedding planner at The Merrill Hotel.
- Do a hair and make-up trial run and book your stylist.
- Make your honeymoon daydreams a reality and book your tickets. Is your passport is up to date?
- Breathe... you got this!
6-8 Weeks In Advance
- Mail out the invitations and have a plan for tracking RSVPs, along with meal choices if needed.
- Confirm dates, deposit and details with your vendors.
3-5 Weeks In Advance
- Confirm your wedding vows and readings with your officiant.
- Finalize the shot list with your photographer and/or videographer.
- Provide a song list for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception with your entertainment vendor.
- Create a timeline for the reception; such as who will be giving toasts, cutting of cake, etc.
- Finalize your wedding night and honeymoon accommodations.
- Obtain your marriage license and complete name change documents, if applicable.
- Cross check your guest list for anyone who has not RSVP'd.
1-2 Weeks In Advance
- Give your final guest count to your wedding planner at The Merrill Hotel.
- Pick up your gown!
- Finalize wedding timeline and arrival times with your vendors and wedding party.
- Make sure your Maid of Honor has a copy of the timeline.
- Prepare a wedding day Bridal Emergency Kit.
- Check the weather and start packing for your honeymoon!
The Day Before Your Wedding
- Make sure your wedding-day items are packed or laid out and ready to go. Don't forget the rings and marriage license!
- Prepare your final payments for vendors in clearly marked envelopes and then entrust your Best Man or another reliable person to handle those day-of payments for you.
- Enjoy a mani-pedi! After all this planning, you deserve to be pampered before your wedding day.
- Enjoy your rehearsal dinner, shower your wedding party with gifts, and don't forget to get your beauty sleep.
Your Wedding Day Has Arrived!
- Allow plenty of time to get ready.
- Make the rounds at your wedding and be sure to thank everyone for celebrating with you.
- Breathe....take time to appreciate your new spouse and seeing everything come together just as you imagined your wedding day would be.
After The Honeymoon
- Write your thank-you cards.
- Have your wedding dress cleaned and preserved by a reputable company.
- Follow up with your photographer and/or videographer for your treasured wedding day memories.
- Enjoy wedded bliss!