Merrill Hotel Official Contest Rules
TRAVEL MATTERS CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who submit a Travel Matters story via website form and who are over the age of twenty-one (21) as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted starting on Monday, April 29, 2019 at 8:00 am CST and ending Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 11:59 pm CST. All entries must be received by Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 11:59 pm CST. Online voting via facebook will begin Monday, May 6, 2019 at 12:00 pm CST and end Saturday, May 6, 2019 at 11:59 pm CST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by completely filling out the contest submission form with 100 words sharing your story about why Travel Matters to you at https://www.themerrill.com/travel-and-tourism-week.htm. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center. You may enter only once.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive one overnight stay in a standard guest room valued at $149 to be used 5/13/2019-12/30/2019. Reservations must be made in advance. Based on availability. Some restrictions may apply. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be determined by the total number of facebook likes and reactions on the contest entry graphic in the contest album on The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center facebook page. The contest submission with the most likes and reactions during the campaign voting period (May 6, 2019 at 12:00pm CST-May 11, 2019 at 11:59pm CST) will be deemed the winner. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) business days following selection of Winner. The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) business days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE MERRILL HOTEL & CONFERENCE CENTER’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center, anyone acting on behalf of The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center, and The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this contest, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center. The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States AND the state of Illinois, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the state of Illinois having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center, 119 West Mississippi Drive, Muscatine, Iowa 52761 United States. Requests must be received no later than May 31, 2019 5:00pm CST.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center, 119 West Mississippi Drive, Muscatine, Iowa 52761 United States.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by The Merrill Hotel & Conference Center is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.